Zip Pay and Zip Money are payment solutions provided by Zip Co across Australia. They let you make purchases at the vet hospital now and pay later, without the need for a credit card. Once you sign up and get approved, you’ll have a line of credit of between $1,000 – $30,000 and a shopping account. Using your account and credit line, you can make purchases which you then pay back in regular instalments.
Zip Pay does require a $40 minimum monthly payment to be made towards your balance each month. Monthly service fees. After the fee-free period, if you don’t pay your balance in full, you’ll be charged a flat $6 service fee on the first of every month that you have an outstanding balance
To apply for Zip Pay certain criteria need to be satisfied:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You must be at least 18 years of age and able to enter into a legally binding contract
- You must provide a valid and verifiable mobile phone number and email address
- You must have an Australian bank account or credit card
- Have basic information about yourself as well as bank account or credit card details
To sign up, you go to the Zip website, or create an account using your Facebook or PayPal account information. Once you’ve signed up with your basic information, you’ll be given approval within seconds, after which you can immediately begin buying with Zip Pay.