Drifter and Oreo were horribly unwell. Their family took them to their local vet and from there to the emergency hospital for monitoring and care.
At first notice the veterinarians felt a greasy substance on their fur. A warm bath with a healthy dose of dish-washing liquid worked well in removing toxins. From there, a gentle blow-dry was given to keep then warm and dry.
While this was happening the emergency veterinarians designed a specific treatment plan. This was tailored to bring the seizures under control, stop the body twitches and increase their body temperature.
While this was happening, David went home and began some investigating. His goal was to find out the origin of the toxicity. He found a termite treatment had been injected into the soil at 1 metre points for the perimeter of the house. Additionally, cat marks were directly on a termite treatment spot. Also, the water from the air-conditioning unit had dripped onto a termite treated area. This had flowed directly into the cat area.
David solved these problems by placing paving and artificial lawn around the perimeter of the house. Drifter and Oreo were now unable to dig at the treatment site. He fixed the air-conditioning water pipe by extending the pipe. This meant the water would not drip into the cats area.
Thankfully after many days of care, Drifter and Oreo were well enough to get home. The take away message is, take extra care with cats as they have a different metabolism to humans. They are more susceptible to accidental poisoning in and around their home environment.